10.24.2010

To Be or not to be Frugal? But Fur @ 100,000.00 is the question




When do you decide if you want to Invest in fashion  or Bargain shop.. well  on a scavenger hunt on finding the perfect fur with A-team Member Skylar-Ny’cole aka Ms Rich Rich, we discovered when to invest.   

Skylar-Ny’cole wanted something hot trendy and different... going in and out of the many stores on 5th ave in New York, she would often say while trying on different pieces “ I want something MAGICAL when I put it on, I want to feel that I am a Queen of the Nile” 

After many hours of hunting, I was ready to give up!... my feet hurt! There will be no crown for her today, but she pulled my arm into one last store; that she had visited two days prior.

 we took the elevator to the third floor of BERGORF GOODMAN and she said in a whisper “ If it’s still here then it’s meant to be!”




COST: $128,358.15  including tax
Designer: Rick Owens


NAME OF FUR: Sable fur
COLOR: Grey brownish
MEASUREMENTS: 5ft
LOCATION: Bergdorf goodman 757 5th ave Ny Ny 10019  on 3rd floor

Superstar Employees:  Mira and Alison received Four stars as they went above and beyond the call of duty in locating and tracking down detailed information on the fur. They were very helpful, patient and warm. They gave us a wowed experience, they have now become Skylar-Ny'cole personal shoppers at Bergodorf Goodman
Once Skylar-Ny’cole discovered the disinger was Rick Owens her heart was set on having this exclusive sleeveless, hooded, full length fur.  


Rick Owens is an American fashion designer hailing from California and is celebrated for his avante-garde and subversive eye.


“It's about giving everything I make a worn, softened feeling. It's about an elegance being tinged with a bit of the barbaric, the sloppiness of something dragging and the luxury of not caring. I felt it isn't about displaying one's junk, but rather giving the woman a selfish pleasure. It is about using sable as the lining under a very humble jacket, the luxury is all hers."  Rick Owens
Now it’s time to make that call to Mommy and Daddy to get the OKaaaay to slide the Black Card.. Daddy who trumps Mommy is in London and isn’t picking up his phone, so Sklar -Ny’cole, nervously phones Mommy who is the rational joy-kill. 


The stakes are high for Skylar-Ny’cole, not wanting this one of a kind piece to be sent back to consignment or worse sold to another buyer.....she needs a yes!!! Mommy picks up on the third ring.  “Mommy I’ve found the perfect fur, and instead of the Bentley for my Birthday, I want this fur, it’s a one of a kind; and no one will have anything like it.”


 watching Skylar-Ny'cole go back and forth for several min., myself and the sales associates are drooling on the edge of our seats, ear hustling anxiously waiting for that “YES” verbally or through body language...




In the back of my mind I’m thinking  “I can't wait to borrow that fur” and I know the sales associates are thinking “ there will be extra xmas shopping from this commission!”....  


Ending results, Joy-kill told her to sleep on it, so she didn’t get a YES, but she didn't get a NO,.... to be continued.......As we keep hope Alive

No comments:

Post a Comment